- Roughly 39% of all meth users are between the ages of 21 and 30.
- 43% of all cocaine users that smoke it in crack form are between the ages of 31 and 40 while 42% of those that use the powder form in that same age group ingest it by other means (injecting, snorting, etc.)
- 29% of all heroin users are between the ages of 21 and 30.
- 41.5% of all marijuana users are between the ages of 12 and 20.
- 79% of all the individuals who abuse alcohol are male while 72% of all the ones who abuse alcohol and a secondary substance with it (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, meth, etc.) are male.
- 80% of all the inmates in the Colorado penal system currently have substance abuse related problems.
- Meth use in the state nearly tripled between 2000 and 2010.
- Every day the police will make about 60 DUI arrests and 80 drug arrests.
- Every month the state of Colorado will lose about 110 residents to alcohol related death and 20 to illegal drug overdose.
Prescription Drug Abuse in Colorado – Colorado Attorney General
Colo. Drug Use Higher Than National Average, Study Shows – Huffington Post
Heroin and other opiate use rising in Colorado, figures show – DenverPost.com